We illuminate organizations’ client and community value, and meaningfully engage target audiences with your mission. The following stories represent the range of our passion. See our list of clients.
- For Artspace Projects, Inc., project managed development of a new online resource tool for paid users to determine feasibility of arts development projects in smaller communities. Content outline and data collection, site mapping, writing and editing of content, back-end process flow, etc. Resulted in improved pathway for users to quickly get help based on their needs.
- With the Twin Cities Marathon supported by Medtronic, project led the creation of an innovative kids running and fitness program. Co-led the development of an award-winning website, program launch communications and events that, in their first three years, touched over 5,000 youth and more than 350 schools and community groups. The program won a Youth Event of the Year award from Running USA.
- For Washburn Center for Children, developed a highly successful internal communications strategy to support employees during big growth and change. Included research and assessment via internal interviews, synthesis of key themes and findings, identification of key objectives and a detailed implementation plan using IC best practices. Worked closely with CEO, Leadership Team and a Board liaison/committee.
- Project led development of a five-year strategic plan at a higher education institution with president, senior management and board of directors. Led to clear prioritization of school’s infrastructure, program and fundraising goals.
- Designed and launched a number of community programs for a large human services nonprofit with an internal team—from program component design, to operational implementation, to interface with multiple funding partners, to extensive communications and marketing to PR. Resulted in increases in clients served, broader awareness of the organization’s mission and successful funding partner relationships.
Sponsorship Marketing & Community Partnerships
- Created cutting-edge, multi-layered activation of Marshall Field’s sponsorship of Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years, Selections from The John F. Kennedy Library and Museum at the Field Museum, Chicago. Exhibition attendance broke all Field Museum records; sales from related Field’s merchandise exceeded all forecasts.
- With the Library of Michigan Foundation and the Cultural Alliance of Southeast Michigan through Macy’s, collaborated to launch the Detroit Museum Adventure Pass Program, resulting in more than 100,000 passes at area libraries being checked out in the first year of operation, for free participation at 25 local museums.
- With Thrivent and Habitat for Humanity International, co-led creation and launch of large mobile education unit (48-foot semi) that visited 157 cities in 28 state over four years. Led implementation with truck vendor, field training and communications; integrated efforts with media relations, marketing, legal, and creative services from both entities. Increased engagement on a key community issue with Thrivent employees/members nationwide through volunteerism and fundraising.
- Co-managed the highly successful launch of a Fortune 500 company’s name sponsorship of a premier Twin Cities annual sporting event—coordinating a team through all elements of activation including executive participation, internal communications, onsite branding, property relationship and budget management, etc.
Community Relations & Philanthropy
- Consolidated dissimilar giving programs in two newly merged Fortune 500 companies into one cohesive program based on stakeholder feedback and benchmarking, with updated funding guidelines and processes, as well as robust internal and external communications. Created a cohesive experience for employees and communities that strengthened the program brand.
- For a number of clients, wrote and produced community annual reports (digital and print) to engage stakeholders.
- For a national corporation, managed and outlined giving guidelines and processes for remote corporate grants committees and business line giving. This improved transparency and connection to non-profits, increased impact and improved employees’ experience of local community participation.
- Led a large corporate foundation through strategic communications planning. Resulted in a program to increase employee volunteer engagement/satisfaction and increase external awareness – through unique communications tools and executive leadership participation.
- To better align volunteer activity with grant making, assessed a Fortune 300 company’s volunteer program to prioritize volunteer projects against newly defined program goals and set up employee volunteer committees.